Tsoknyi Rinpoche’s Projects
“I decided to devote all my life to improve women’s education, to fully focus on female practitioners, with full modern education and with the authentic Buddhist teaching which I call the path of Enlightenment in the woman’s form.” ~ Tsoknyi Rinpoche III
Pundarika UK supports Tsoknyi Rinpoche’s aspiration that these nuns will become among the most accomplished Buddhist practitioners and Dharma teachers in the world. To achieve this vision, Tsoknyi Rinpoche established the Tsoknyi Humanitarian Foundation. Its mission is to:
• To preserve the Tsoknyi Lineage, a very precious and rare practice lineage that provides the same monastic training to women that has been traditionally reserved for men
• To empower the nuns to become accomplished Dharma teachers
• To provide young women and girls of the high Himalayas the best modern education and a rich training opportunity in the highest Buddhist studies and practice
• To cultivate these women and girls to become educated global citizens, agents of change in their communities, and models of compassion for all!
• To provide a lifetime of living the enlightened tradition of Dharma in the female form.
Pundarika UK actively works with the Tsoknyi Humanitarian Foundation in realising these goals. In particular, we have a close and long-standing relationship with the Tsoknyi Gechak School providing financial assistance and other support.