Tsoknyi Rinpoche’s Projects
“I decided to devote all my life to improve women’s education, to fully focus on female practitioners, with full modern education and with the authentic Buddhist teaching which I call the path of Enlightenment in the woman’s form.” ~ Tsoknyi Rinpoche III
Pundarika UK supports Tsoknyi Rinpoche’s aspiration that these nuns will become accomplished Buddhist practitioners and Dharma teachers. In pursuit of this vision, Rinpoche established the Tsoknyi Humanitarian Foundation, which focuses on the following objectives:
- Preserving the Tsoknyi Lineage, a precious and rare practice lineage that offers women the same monastic training traditionally reserved for men.
- Empowering nuns to become accomplished Dharma teachers.
- Providing young women and girls from the high Himalayas with a modern education and comprehensive training in the highest Buddhist studies and practice.
- Fostering the development of these women and girls to become educated global citizens, change-makers in their communities, and embodiments of compassion.
- Offering a lifetime of living the enlightened tradition of Dharma in the female form.
Pundarika UK actively collaborates with the Tsoknyi Humanitarian Foundation to achieve these goals. We maintain a close and enduring relationship with the Tsoknyi Gechak School, extending financial aid and other forms of support to further our shared objectives. To learn more about Rinpoche’s various projects, please follow the links below